Flame of Truth: Chapter 5

  Here is Chapter 5: 

 I was stalking Celeste. She of course didn’t know. She was talking to Matthew. I had to find out what's taking up so much of her time. I was done with her lying to me. 

“We’re meeting at 212 W Log Road. For the meet up,” I heard Matthew tell her. Bingo.  I slipped away and punched the address into my phone. It was along my running trail. I would run there after Celeste dropped me off at home. I headed to my next class. When school got out I hurried to the car where Celeste, Ruby and Crystal were waiting. It was a silent car ride with Crystal and Ruby talking about school drama. Celeste quickly dropped us off.  I ran up to my room and changed into leggings and put my tennis shoes on. 

“Where are you going?” Crystal asked me before I left. 

“On a run,” I told her. 

“Okay,” Was all she said.

“No having anyone over while I’m gone, okay?” I asked. She nodded. I headed out and started running. It was a forest. There was a long small road that led to wherever they were meeting. I crouched down as I got closer. There were cars parked and I recognized the jeep right away. There were people outside. I hide behind a large bush. It was a huge cabin. It was super nice. Probably one of The Elite’s extra houses. Were they having a party? I snuck closer. 

“Do you smell that?” I heard someone ask. Smell? How could they smell me. 

“Yeah. It's to your right,” another one said. I was going to be found. I pulled back but the snap of a twig sliced through the air.

“There is someone. Get them,” Shouts were heard. I scrambled to my feet running. I heard barks behind me. Of course they had dogs. And then I heard howls. Wolves. The thought shook my core. I heard something behind me. I tripped and fell. A burning sensation overtook. Of course now was a great time to shift. I was a tiger. There were five wolves. They circled around me. I growled and hissed. And then they pounced. I threw them off. They snapped at my legs. Sharp pain was in my leg. A wolf had latched on through my skin and blood was pouring. I growled in agony and kicked it off. There were more wolves. They latched on to me. The pain was unbearable. Blood was pouring. I cried out in pain. My vision was blurry and darkness engulfed me. 

*** 

I was in a cage. For an animal. This was my worst nightmare. I was going to be sent away to be experimented on.

“A tiger,” One of them muttered. He had platinum blond hair and dark brown eyes. He wasn’t someone you wanted to mess with. Winston Smith. He was dangerous. Known for getting into fights. “She is tall for a tiger,” He continued. 

“She is a problem. How did she get on the property?” A familiar voice said. Matthew. 

“Celeste wants to interrogate it,” Winston informed him. Celeste? What was she doing? Was she going to run tests on me? I growled. 

“Let her in,” Matthew said, staring at me thinking. Celeste walked in. She looked at me.

“She’s gorgeous,” She said in awe. “I’ve never seen a tiger before,” 

“First we need to get her back in human form,” Matthew said. So they did know I could change. They for sure were going to send me to a zoo. 

“Okay,” She said to Matthew. She turned to me. “Just listen to me and things will be easy, okay,” She instructed me. I nodded. She looked at me surprised. I stepped close to her. 

“She likes you,” Winston scoffed in disbelief. 

“Shift back to your normal form,” She commanded, ignoring Winston. The pain was sharp in my legs and I didn’t want to. I lifted up my leg hoping she would understand. 

“If you shift you will heal easier,” She said. She unlocked the door and stepped in. Matthew was about to protest but she held up her hand. She came over to where I lay. And started petting me. I leaned into her touch. Matthew looked shocked. I focused on what they called “shifting”. The burning sensation took over me and I found myself in my human form. 

“Valerie?” Celeste whispered in shock..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Flame of Truth: Chapter 1

The Flame of Truth: Chapter 2

The Flame Of Truth: Chapter 3