The Flame of Truth: Chapter 2

Here is Chapter 2:

It had been two weeks since school had started and I never saw Celeste except for in the morning and at night for family dinner. From what I knew she was hanging out with her friends. All summer she had spent time with them. During the school year she usually focused more on work, but her hanging out time had only increased. It bugged me more than I thought it would. So I decided to confront her friends about it. I finally was able to catch one of her friends Krishna during study hallway. 

“Hey Krishna,” I said walking up to her. She looked up and smiled. Krishna although she dressed with bright colors and somehow made it look cool. Though her clothes were rebellious she was a sweet girl.

“Hey Valerie. What’s up?” She asked. 

“I was wondering what you guys have been up to. Celeste has been hanging out with you guys a lot and I was just wondering what you guys were doing,” I told her. I watched as confusion flashed across her face. 

“Celeste hasn’t been hanging out with us since the end of the school year,” She told me. Celeste hadn’t been hangin out with them.. Who was she hanging out with? 

“Oh,” I was all I could say. “Thanks,” I told her. I took my seat. The rest of the day seemed to be a daze and I couldn’t focus on anything. My only thought was on Celeste. Who was she hanging out with? Why didn’t she tell me? 


It was late. I had just gotten out of the shower and changed into my pajamas. I stepped out into the hallway. All the girls rooms were located up stairs while my parents were downstairs. I had the room furthest from the stairs and Celeste’s room was on my right. I shut the door quietly behind me. Celeste’s room light was on. I slowly opened the door. I heard scrambling. When I had opened it I found the light off.

“Celeste?” I asked. I turned on the light. She was laying in her bed, eyes closed. “I saw your light,” I told her. She opened her eyes and sat up. 

“I thought you were mom or something,” she told me. 

“Nah. I just wanted to talk with you,” I told her. I sat on her bed. 

“About what?” She asked.

“I just want to talk with you. You haven’t been around lately and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a sister date?” I asked her. 

“Oh yeah sure,” She said. 

“I want to hang out with you more,” I told her laying down next to her. “Ainsley and you are my only good friends,” 

“Then you should make some new ones,” She told me.

“You know how I hate talking with people,” I reminded her. “Plus, I like having only two close friends,” 

“I know but...I know plenty of people who want to be your friend,” She said laying down next to me. 

“People might want to be friends with me. But it doesn’t really work if I am scared of talking with them,” I told her. 

“Valerie, I find it hilarious. You can trash talk people on the basketball court or even at school but you are scared to talk with people,” 

“It still is scary. Even while I trash talk. My mind is moving a million miles a minute,” I told her. My eyes were burning and I pulled the blankets over me. “Can I sleep with you tonight?” I asked her. 

“We haven’t slept with each other in years,” She said.

“That’s not true we slept with each other last month,” I reminded her. “Plus I’ve been having nightmares,” I confessed.

“Okay,” She agreed. I closed my eyes and let the darkness embrace me. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Flame of Truth: Chapter 1

The Flame Of Truth: Chapter 3