The Flame of Truth: Chapter 4

 Here is Chapter 4: 

I distanced myself. I had never had so little sleep in my life. I had nightmares. The result of this was showing. My eyes were droopy and under them were swollen and purple. I could tell my parents were starting to worry. I became obsessed with finding out what was happening. I had papers all over my floor crumpled. My search history consisted of tigers and that was about it. My daily routine was coming home doing homework and then I would research. I was getting sick. I knew it was because I hadn’t changed into my tiger again. I pulled myself out of bed and put on a sweatshirt, sweats and fluffy socks and Birkenstock's. My siblings were chatting at the table. My parents were already gone but Opal gave me a worried look. 

“Are you sick?” Crystal asked, staring. Celeste looked over eyes wide.

“No. I’m just tired. Math homework was hard last night,” I lied. Celeste was still looking at me. 

“You sure,” She asked. 

“Yes I am,” I told her coldly. Confusion spread across her face. She had been gone all the time. I hadn’t talked to her since Matthew had picked her up.

“You need to get more sleep,” was all Opal said. I nodded and poured myself a glass of milk and grabbed a piece of bed. I followed my sisters outside to the car. 

“Seriously Valerie whats up?” Celeste demanded when Crystal and Ruby had left to meet their friends.

“Nothing. Go hang out with your friends,” I spit. Hurt flashed through her eyes and then hardened. 

“Whatever, I was just trying to be nice,” She snapped.She got out and  I did the same and walked over to Ainsley who was waiting for me. 

“What’s up with Celeste?” Ainsley asked.

“She’s being a brat,” I was all I said. Ainsley looked at me surprised. Celeste and I rarely fought so it was surprising. 

“Are you doing okay?” She asked.

‘What is it with everyone thinking I’m sick this morning,” I muttered. I turned and walked off to my class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Flame of Truth: Chapter 1

The Flame of Truth: Chapter 2

The Flame Of Truth: Chapter 3